There is an enormous range of skills and abilities that can enable staff members to succeed in the camp community. At the same time, camp is an environment where all staff members must fully commit to standards of safety and to the core values that guide our community. These include:
- Demonstrated history of being a law-abiding citizen with a clean record in areas such as substance abuse, violence, and sexual harassment/abuse.
- Commitment to creating an inclusive community that embraces all people regardless of religion, ethnicity, and/or gender identity.
- Enthusiasm for working with children, co-workers, the natural environment, and the camp program.
- Motivation to be a team player and to optimize your own potential.
We also look for individuals who bring a combination of skills, talents, and certifications to our program and/or a commitment to be trained and mentored. Examples include:
- Sports – basketball, archery, soccer, volleyball
- Arts – visual arts, songleading, theater, dance, film, photography
- Outdoor Adventure – ropes course, hiking, animal care, gardening
- Lifeguard and Water Safety Instructor certifications
- CPR/First Aid
- Training and Management